BMW Unveils Its BMW i4 Electric Sedan In Near-Production Form. The BEV Is Positioned To Challenge Tesla Model 3 Dominance Head-On!
BMW, the Munich headquartered multinational automotive company, has this week unveiled further details of its all-electric BMW i4 sedan concept vehicle. Though the electric concept vehicle was expected to be showcased at the recently cancelled Geneva International Motor Show, BMW unveiled it online.
Despite the extensive experience BMW has gained with the all-electric BMW i3 and other lower-emission vehicles in its portfolio, it has taken the German automotive behemoth time to introduce the successor to the pure electric BMW i3, the pure-electric four-door Gran Coupe.
- The four-door BMW i4 battery-electric vehicle (BEV) sedan is critical in the execution and success of the company’s electrification strategy. BMW expects to launch up to 25 electric vehicles by 2025, with 12 expected to be BEVs. The company claims to have sold 140,000 electric vehicles in 2019.
- The zero-emission range is expected to be 373 miles (600 km) based on the WLTP cycle. The electric vehicle will have a 80 kWh battery pack.
- The company claims an acceleration from 0 to 60 mph in approximately 4 seconds and a top speed in excess of 124 mph. The electric motor will generate a maximum output of 390 kW. The all-electric concept offers three driving modes: Core, Sport and Efficient.
- The i4 concept uses BMW fifth-generation eDrive technology, which is also being used by the BMW iX3. This technology is expected to also be introduced in a number of the new EVs from BMW, to include, the BMW iNEXT.
- The all-electric BMW i4 is expected to commence production in 2021 at the Munich plant. The company has developed a unique sound in collaboration with the famed composer Hans Zimmer. As for the interior, expect a large dominant screen and all the connected features we have come to expect in EVs. Prices are yet to be confirmed by the manufacturer.
Battery And Range
- Battery capacity: 80 kWh
- Battery type: lithium-ion
- Range (WLTP): 373 miles
- Capable of rapid charging
Power & Performance
- 0-60 mph: 4 seconds
- Top speed: 124 mph
- Brake horsepower: 530 bhp
- Torque: N/A
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy an electric car in the UK
- Compare affordable electric car finance and lease deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories