The German Automotive Manufacturer Shifts A Gear As It Intensifies The Execution Of Its Electrification Strategy With The Launch Of The All-Electric BMW iX3 SUV!
- Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, more commonly referred to as BMW, will launch its battery-electric vehicle (BEV) SUV, making it the third model of the BMW ‘i’ brand, which was established in 2011.
- The BMW iX3 based on the conventional BMW X3 SUV, was unveiled at the Auto China 2018. The BMW X3 will become the first model from the Bavarian luxury automotive company that is available in both, a conventional internal combustion engine (ICE) and as an plug-in electric car. From the outside, the ICE X3 and the iX3 look very similar, however, expect changes in the cabin, packed with more technology, as has been the case with most new EVs.
- The all-electric Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) will be initially manufactured in Shenyang, China under the BMW Brilliance Automotive joint venture.
- The EV will have a 74 kWh high-voltage EV battery pack with a zero-emission electric driving range of 273 miles (WLTP) on a full charge. The pure electric SUV will be capable of charging 80% within 30 minutes using a DC fast charging station.
- The iX3 will be the first electric vehicle from BMW based on its fifth-generation electric powertrain technology (BMW eDrive technology), which enables a longer electric driving range. This efficient technology will also be deployed in the all-electric BMW i4 and the BMW iNEXT.
- The electric motor will deliver up to 210 kW/286 bhp and a torque of 400 Nm. The launch model will be rear-wheel drive.
- The BMW iX3 electric crossover will be first available to European customers, with Norway identified as a key initial market. It will compete head-on with other all-electric SUVs like the Tesla Model X, the award winning Jaguar I-PACE, the pure electric Audi e-tron and the Mercedes EQC.
- Prices yet to be confirmed but expect the all-electric BMW iX3 to be slightly better priced than its competition, potentially priced around £55,000. The EV will be eligible for the UK plug-in car grant (PiCG) incentive.
Battery And Range
- Battery capacity: 74 kWh
- Battery type: lithium-ion (high-voltage)
- Range (WLTP): 273 miles
- Capable of rapid charging (up to 150 kW DC fast charging capability)
Power & Performance
- 0-62 mph: N/A
- Top speed: N/A
- Brake horsepower: 286 bhp
- Torque: 400 Nm
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy an electric car in the UK
- Compare affordable electric car finance and lease deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!