BMW (Bayerische Motoren Werke AG), is a leading global automotive manufacturer headquartered in Munich, Germany. BMW is well known for its portfolio of luxury vehicles, to include the famed Rolls-Royce luxury cars. The group manufacturers a number of cars under its BMW brand, to include battery-electric vehicles (BEVs) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs). The BMW i3 EV is an excellent example of a successful pure electric car. The company currently has the following portfolio of battery-electric vehicles (BEVs):
- The all-electric BMW iX3 Premier Edition
- The all-electric BMW iX
- The all-electric BMW i4
- The all-electric BMW i3
Electric Cars: The Basics
For those of you new to zero-emission electric driving, we recommend a read of the following articles:
- Types Of Electric Vehicles: A Short Guide
- Should I Buy An Electric Car In 2021?
- Top 20 Jargons Used In The Electric Vehicle Industry!
- UK Plug-In Electric Car Grant 2021
- What Is The Difference Between Conventional Hybrids and Plug-In Hybrids?
- Electric Car Home Charging OLEV EVHS Grant
- Best Electric Cars 2021
- Electric Cars Range: What Is WLTP?
The All-Electric BMW i4 Gran Coupe
The BMW i4, is the first all-electric Gran Coupe. The electric vehicle (EV) is based on the iVision Dynamics concept that made its debut at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. The i4 is an electrified powertrain of the 4-series and looks similar to the 4-series Gran Coupe. It is slotted between the BMW i3 hatchback and the BMW i8 sports. The battery-electric vehicle (BEV) is assembled in Munich (Germany) and will be the first all-electric saloon for BMW. The i4 includes the fifth generation BMW eDrive Technology.
The pure electric BMW i4 will include lightweight carbon-fibre construction, which is currently featured in the all-electric BMW i3 and the BMW i8 EV. BMW is deploying a ‘flexible vehicle architecture’ that will be used by both internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles and electric vehicles (EVs). The design has also been inspired by the BMW iNext SUV concept unveiled at the 2018 Frankfurt Motor Show.
The BMW i4 electric car is manufactured using ‘sustainable and green energy‘. The EV is available for reservation in the UK, with deliveries slated for later in 2021.
|At A Glance|
|EV Type:||Battery-Electric Vehicle (BEV)|
|Vehicle Type:||Gran Coupe|
|Plug-In Car Grant (PiCG):||Not Available|
|Tailpipe Emissions:||0 (CO2/km)|
|Available In UK:||To reserve|
|EV Battery:||81.5 kWh|
|Charging:||200 kW DC charging (10-80%: 31 minutes). On board charger: 11 kW|
|Electric Energy Consumption (kWh/100km):||24|
|0 to 62 mph:||5.8 seconds (M50: 3.9 seconds)|
|Max Power (HP):||544 (M50)|
|Models:||BMW i4 eDrive40/ BMW i4 M50|
For those of you seeking to buy and install EV home charging points, we offer a vast range of high quality and high performance electric car charging points to include a seamless service of supply of product and installation at very competitive prices.
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy your next green car
- Compare and buy EV charging points
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!
- Compare and buy electric kick scooters
- Compare and buy an e-bike