Kia Corporation, the South Korean automotive manufacturer is fast developing a portfolio of lower emission ‘eco’ vehicles, to include zero-emission battery-electric vehicles (BEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) and mild hybrids. The BEVs and PHEVs range includes:
- The all-electric Kia e-Niro
- The all-electric Kia Soul EV
- The all-electric Kia EV6
- Niro Plug-In Hybrid
- XCeed Plug-In Hybrid
- Ceed Sportswagon Plug-In Hybrid
- The all-new Sorento Plug-In Hybrid
The Korean automotive company is headquartered in Seoul, and it is South Korea’s second largest automotive manufacturer after the Hyundai Motor Company. Hyundai owns a 33.88% stake in Kia. The Kia Corporation has been active in the European markets since 1991.
Electric Cars: The Basics
For those of you new to zero-emission electric driving, we recommend a read of the following articles:
- Types Of Electric Vehicles: A Short Guide
- Should I Buy An Electric Car In 2021?
- Top 20 Jargons Used In The Electric Vehicle Industry!
- UK Plug-In Electric Car Grant 2021
- What Is The Difference Between Conventional Hybrids and Plug-In Hybrids?
- Electric Car Home Charging OLEV EVHS Grant
- Best Electric Cars 2021
- Electric Cars Range: What Is WLTP?
The All-Electric KIA Soul EV SUV
Like the Kia e-Niro pure electric car, the all-new Kia Soul EV SUV has been positioned for ‘affordability’ and ‘value’. Of course, as one would expect, there is much in common between the two pure electric compact crossovers SUVs from Kia. Kia started developing the all-electric SUV in 2013 and the electric vehicle (EV) was unveiled at the 2014 Chicago Auto Show.
|At A Glance|
|EV Type:||Battery-Electric Vehicle (BEV)|
|Plug-In Car Grant (PiCG):||Not Available|
|Available In UK:||Yes|
|Trims (1 Option)|
|Soul EV ‘First Edition’ (from £37,545)|
|Affordable electric compact SUV for families and good all-rounder||The exterior stying is not for everyone|
|Good EV range||Boot space is limited|
|Easy to drive and decent electric performance||There is room for improvement for the interior|
|EV Battery & Emissions|
|EV Battery Type:||Lithium-ion|
|EV Battery Capacity:||Available in one battery size (64 kWh)|
|Charging:||100 kW Rapid Charging. On board charger: 7.2kW AC|
|Charge Port:||Type 2|
|EV Cable Type:||Type 2|
|Tailpipe Emissions:||0g (CO2/km)|
|Warranty:||7 years or 100,000 miles|
|Soul EV ‘First Edition’|
|EV Battery Capacity:||64 kWh|
|Pure Electric Range (WLTP):||280 miles (combined)|
|Electric Energy Consumption (Wh/km):||157|
|Charging:||100 kW Rapid Charging (on board charger: 7.2kW AC)|
|Top Speed:||104 mph|
|0-60 mph:||7.6 seconds|
|Drive:||Front-wheel drive (FWD)|
|Electric Motor (kW):||150|
|Max Power (bhp):||201|
|Kerb Weight (kg):||1,757|
For those of you seeking to buy and install EV home charging points, we offer a vast range of high quality and high performance electric car charging points to include a seamless service of supply of product and installation at very competitive prices.
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy your next green car
- Compare and buy EV charging points
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!
- Compare and buy electric kick scooters
- Compare and buy an e-bike