The iconic MINI internal combustion engine (ICE) car was manufactured by a UK based company, the British Motor Corporation (BMC). In 1996, the company was acquired by the German automotive company BMW (Bayerische Motoren Werke AG), headquartered in Munich. The production of the classic petrol MINI stopped in 2000.
BMW is well known for its portfolio of luxury vehicles to include the famed Rolls-Royce luxury cars. The group also manufacturers a number of cars under its BMW brand, to include battery-electric vehicles (BEVs) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs). The BMW i3 EV is an excellent example of a successful pure electric car.
Electric Cars: The Basics
For those of you new to zero-emission electric driving, we recommend a read of the following articles:
- Types Of Electric Vehicles: A Short Guide
- Should I Buy An Electric Car In 2021?
- Top 20 Jargons Used In The Electric Vehicle Industry!
- UK Plug-In Electric Car Grant 2021
- What Is The Difference Between Conventional Hybrids and Plug-In Hybrids?
- Electric Car Home Charging OLEV EVHS Grant
- Best Electric Cars 2021
- Electric Cars Range: What Is WLTP?
The MINI Electric Hatch
The MINI Electric was launched in 2020. BMW used its experience with the all-electric BMW i3 to develop the all-electric MINI. The MINI electric concept car was unveiled in the 2017 Frankfurt IAA. The MINI electric is currently manufactured in the UK (Oxford).
However, MINI first went electric in 2008. The 612 MINI E cars were modified and used between 2009 and 2013 for the BMW Group to assess driver response to electric cars. The MINI E electric cars clocked up more than 16 million kilometres in six countries. The company also manufactures the MINI Countryman PHEV.
|At A Glance|
|EV Type:||Battery-Electric Vehicle (BEV)|
|Plug-In Car Grant (PiCG):||Available|
|Available In UK:||Yes|
|Trims (4 Options)|
|MINi Electric Level 1 (from £26,00)|
|MINi Electric Level 2 (from £28,000)|
|MINi Electric Level 3 (from £32,000)|
|MINi Electric Collection (from £32,500)|
|Good looks and exterior styling (iconic)||Limited cabin space and unpractical for a family (3-door)|
|Good electric performance||Limited zero-emission range|
|High quality interior and standard equipment||Limited visibility (rear)|
|EV Battery & Emissions|
|EV Battery Type:||Lithium-ion|
|EV Battery Capacity:||Available in one battery size (32.6 kWh)|
|Charging:||50 kW rapid charging standard (80% charged in 36 minutes). On-board charger 11 kW AC|
|Charge Port:||Type 2|
|EV Cable Type:||Type 2|
|Tailpipe Emissions:||0g (CO2/km)|
|Warranty:||8 years or 100,000 miles|
|New MINI Electric Hatch|
|EV Battery Capacity:||32.6 kWh|
|Pure Electric Range (WLTP):||140-145 miles|
|Electric Energy Consumption (kWh/100km):||15.2-15.9|
|Charging:||50 kW Rapid Charging (on-board charger: 11 kW AC)|
|Top Speed:||93 mph|
|0-62 mph:||7.3 seconds|
|Electric Motor (kW):||135|
|Max Power (HP):||184|
|Driving Modes:||4 (Sport, Mid, Green, Green +)|
|Kerb Weight (kg):||1,365|
For those of you seeking to buy and install EV home charging points, we offer a vast range of high quality and high performance electric car charging points to include a seamless service of supply of product and installation at very competitive prices.
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy your next green car
- Compare and buy EV charging points
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!
- Compare and buy electric kick scooters
- Compare and buy an e-bike