Designed For Those That Love Familiarity. But Will It Be Embraced By Those Keen On Cutting-Edge Technology And Design!
Like the Peugeot pure electric e-208, which hails from the Peugeot 208 supermini portfolio, the pure electric Peugeot e-2008 hails from the successful Peugeot 2008 model lineup. The Peugeot 2008 accounts for nearly 20% of the European sales. By making this successful crossover available in an electric model, the automotive company is safeguarding the future of this popular crossover! Peugeot is owned by the PSA Group and has committed to offering a fully electric (BEV) or a plug-in hybrid vehicle (PHEV) for every model in its portfolio by 2023.
- The Peugeot e-2008 SUV (codenamed P24) is part of the Peugeot 2008 family and is on sale, alongside the petrol and diesel variants.
- The compact all-electric SUV has a 100kW electric motor capable of 136 bhp and instant torque of 260 Nm.
- The 50 kWh lithium-ion battery has a zero-emission WLTP range of 193 miles to 206 miles. Slightly lower than the e-208, 211 miles range. Electric energy consumption: 169.6-183.4 (Wh/km).
- Battery warranty: 8 years/ 100,000 miles for 70% of its charge capacity (same as the e-208).
- It offers 3 driving modes: Sport, Normal and Eco. In the Sport mode, the pure electric SUV can accelerate 0-60 mph in 8.5 seconds. In Eco mode, the priority is given to range.
- Home charging will take up to 7.5 hours. The SUV is also capable of Rapid Charging at public charging points. The battery electric SUV can charge up to 80% from a 100 kW charging station within 30 minutes.
- Buyers can also download the ‘MYPEUGEOT’ app to view information like range, charging status etc.
- The compact crossover Peugeot e-2008 is available in six variants, Active, Active Premium, Allure, Allure Premium, GT Line and GT. The Active is priced at £29,065 (including VAT and the plug-in car grant) and is the cheapest variant. The GT is the most expensive, priced at £35,190. (including VAT and the plug-in car grant). Though familiarity may convince some to acquire this EV, price and range may result in potential buyers seeking to buy competitor EVs.
Battery And Range
- Battery capacity: 50 kWh
- Battery type: lithium-ion
- Range (WLTP): 193-206 miles
- Capable of rapid charging (up to 100 kW DC fast charging capability). Can charge 80% in 30 minutes
Power & Performance
- 0-62 mph: 8.5 seconds
- Top speed: 93 mph (Sport Mode)
- Brake horsepower: 136 bhp
- Torque: 260 Nm
- Length (mm): 4300
- Width (mm): 1770
- Height (mm): 1550
- Wheelbase (mm): 2605
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy your next green car
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!
- Compare and buy electric kick scooters
- Compare and buy an e-bike