Overview: Zero-Emissions, Incredible Acceleration And Uncompromising Luxury!
Update: July 2020: Aston Martin successfully raised £207 million in equity and debt, as the luxury automotive brand struggles to stay in business through the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. The company lost £119 million in the 1st quarter 2020 and its share price has been trading below 50p per share (the company had floated in October 2018 at £19 per share). The company has also witnessed significant high level management changes to include the removal of Andy Palmer as Chief Executive. Tobias Moers is the new Chief Executive. The all-electric Aston Martin Rapide E model has been terminated, with no immediate plans for an electric car by Aston Martin.
Another iconic British automotive brand enters the fast evolving electric vehicle market. The Aston Martin Rapide E, is the all-electric zero-emission production car from the luxury sports brand. The production ready battery electric vehicle (BEV), made its first appearance earlier this year, at the Goodwood’s Festival of Speed. Andy Palmer, the CEO of Aston Martin and also a customer of the Rapide E, commented “a truly historic step. One that signals Aston Martin is prepared for the huge challenge of an environmentally responsible and sustainable future.”
Though similar in design to the conventional Rapide, Aston Martin has further improved the aerodynamics of the body to enhance performance (an 8% improvement in efficiency compared to the petrol Rapide).
- The Rapide E was announced at the 2018 Frankfurt Motor Show. The production model made its debut at the 2019 Shanghai Auto Show.
- Available to order now at an undisclosed price.
- Deliveries to customers expected before end 2019. The pure electric car is being manufactured at Aston Martin’s, St Athan dedicated production facility in Wales.
- A special edition model, in collaboration with Williams Advanced Engineering (WAE). Aston Martin can benefit from WAE’s knowledge on electric cars.
- A limited edition: only 155 to be built. Viewed as a test bed for the for the return of the Lagonda brand.
- The 950 Nm instant torque, makes the Rapid E, the most powerful Rapide model.
- Extensive use of carbon fibre to reduce vehicle weight.
Battery And Range
- Battery capacity: 65 kWh
- Battery type: lithium-ion
- Range (WLTP): 200 miles
- Capable of rapid charging: can charge 185 miles per hour using a 50 kW charger. However, using a 100 kW super-fast charger, can achieve 310 miles of range per hour
Power & Performance
- 0-60 mph: sub 4 sec
- Top speed: 155 mph
- Brake horsepower: 602 bhp
- Torque: 950 Nm
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy your next green car
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!
- Compare and buy electric kick scooters
- Compare and buy an e-bike