Another EV Aiming To Win Market Share In The Fast Evolving Pure-Electric SUV Segment: The All-Electric DS 3 CROSSBACK E-TENSE, The First Battery-Electric Vehicle From DS Automobiles!
- DS Automobiles is part of Groupe PSA, the French multinational automotive company that includes Peugeot, Citroen, Opel, Vauxhall and DS Automobiles. DS is positioned as a premium brand by Citroen. The DS 3 is the first pure-electric model from the DS marque. DS is committed to zero-emission driving and will make available all models as either a battery-electric vehicle (BEV) or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) by 2025.
- The all-electric DS 3 Crossback is competing for the fast growing and popular all-electric SUV segment, which includes competing models like the award winning all-electric Jaguar I-PACE, the all-electric Audi e-tron, the Tesla Model X, Hyundai Kona Electric, Kia e-Niro and the all-electric MG ZS EV. Given the quality and pricing of the DS 3 EV, it does become an interesting entrant in this race.
- The pure-electric compact SUV has three driving modes: Sport, Normal and Eco. In the Sport mode the focus is on performance with the EV achieving 0 to 62 mph in 8.7 seconds. While, range optimization is the key focus for the Eco mode. The EV has a 100 kW electric motor with a top speed of 93 mph.
- The battery-electric vehicle (BEV) has a 50 kWh lithium-ion EV battery with a zero-emission electric range between 191-206 miles (WLTP). The EV is compatible with 100 kW EV chargers and can achieve up to 80% charge within 30 minutes. Home charging will take up to 71/2 hours using a 7 kW charge point. The battery has a warranty of 8 years or 100,000 miles.
- The DS 3 EV interior is what you would expect from a DS vehicle. The company has not compromised on space, layout or quality. The EV has a 350 litre boot. The material used in the interior is luxurious to include Nappa leather.
- The EV is packed with technology to include DS Drive Assist, the company’s semi-autonomous driving technology. The feature is active up to 112 mph and positions the EV in its lane and maintains distance/ speed based on the vehicle in front. The EV also features DS Park Pilot that parks the EV without input from the driver. Other features include speed limit recognition, emergency braking system and DS matrix LED vision.
- The all-electric compact crossover is available in five trims levels to include: Elegance, Performance Line, Prestige, Ultra Prestige and La Premiere.
- The Elegance variant is priced from £22,120, while the top of the line, La Premiere is priced from £39,490 and is on sale in the UK. The BEV is eligible for the UK government plug-in car grant (PiCG).
Battery And Range
- Battery capacity: 50 kWh
- Battery type: lithium-ion
- Range (NEDC): 191 – 206 miles
- Capable of 100 kW rapid charging
Power & Performance
- 0-62 mph: 8.7 seconds
- Top speed: 93 mph
- Brake horsepower: 136 bhp
- Torque: 192 lb ft
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy an electric car in the UK
- Compare affordable electric car finance and lease deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!