Hyundai Motor, The South Korean Automotive Manufacturer Is Fast Cementing Its Position In The Global EV Race. The Behemoth Is Well Placed To Succeed!
- Hyundai has already established a portfolio of plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEVs) and battery-electric vehicles (BEVs), to include, the IONIQ Electric, the Kona Electric, NEXO and the IONIQ plug-in hybrid vehicle.
- Hyundai unveiled the all-electric retro-styled 45 concept EV at the 2019 International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt. The EV concept is Hyundai’s vision of its next-generation of electric vehicles to include electrification, autonomous technologies and intelligent design.
- The name ‘45’ pays homage to Hyundai’s Pony Coupe iconic concept (1974), the vehicle that introduced the world to Hyundai 45 years ago. The name is also linked to the 45-degree angles in the front and rear of the vehicle. The EV concept has a strong ‘retro’ styling. The 45 design is also inspired by aircraft from the 1920’s. The concept strips away ‘complexity’ and celebrates the ‘clean lines and minimalistic structure of the original coupe concept’. According to Hyundai “Taking a look to the past is essential for moving forward.”
- The sharp exterior design is balanced by a less aggressive interior styling, focused on comfort and ‘living space’, as is the case with autonomous concepts. The layout of the seats is also designed for future autonomy, to include forward seats turning inwards, as the electric vehicle drives in autonomous mode. The Hyundai EV concept also includes cameras to aid autonomous driving to include side mirrors being replaced by cameras. According to the South Korean automotive company, “The concept reimagines the in-car experience in the age of electrification and autonomous technologies.”
- Little is known regarding the technical specifications to include drivetrain, range etc., but this is not surprising as it is an early stage concept model. Nevertheless, the concept gives us an interesting glimpse into the future of design and styling DNA, referred to by Hyundai as ‘Style Set Free’. It is also clear that auto manufacturers like Hyundai, are assessing in detail ‘cabin layout and styling’ that best meets the needs of future autonomous mobility. Though cars will be used for transportation, the ‘engagement within the cabin’ is set for an incredible paradigm shift. EV concepts like the Hyundai 45, only hint at this future!
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy an electric car in the UK
- Compare affordable electric car finance and lease deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
And more! Do sign up to our e-newsletter to learn more about electric cars. Also follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.