A Mind-Boggling 1,972 BHP Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV). Not for the Faint-Hearted, Given The Brute-Power And Price Tag. Also, The First British All-Electric Hypercar!
- The age of all-electric hypercars has commenced. Hypercars is a term used to describe high-performing supercars. Hypercars are unusual and limited edition vehicles.
- U.K. based automotive company Lotus Cars, well known for their sports and racing cars, has introduced Britain’s first pure electric zero tailpipe emission hypercar, the Evija. It is also the first fully electric supercar from an established automotive manufacturer.
- Lotus Cars is now owned by Chinese automotive behemoth Geely, headquartered in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province.
- Originally codenamed the Type 130, the name Evija is derived from Hebrew and means ‘the first in existence’ or ‘the living one’. It made its debut at the recent Monterey Car Week.
- According to Russell Carr, Design Director “The Lotus Evija is a true Lotus, in that it elegantly balances stunning aesthetic forms with ingenious technical solutions to create a beautiful car with innovative design features.”
- The battery electric vehicle (BEV) will have a range of 250 miles under the more stringent WLTP cycle. Target consumption 17.25 kWh/100 km (WLTP combined).
- A top speed of over 200 miles, with a sub 3 seconds 0-62 mph acceleration. An astonishing 1,972 bhp and 1254 lb ft torque.
- The company will manufacturer 130 units. So far the company has received interest from up to 70 customers.
- Though deliveries were originally aimed for 2020, the company has now confirmed a delay to 2021. According to Carscoops, Lotus PR manager, Rob Borrett has confirmed that the deliveries will be delayed by 5 months, with the first customer deliveries in mid 2021.
- Prices at £2.4 million. You can reserve one for £250,000.
It is certainly impressive to learn about the performance of the pure electric car. Reading these mind-boggling performance figures, even our static office chairs seem to be galloping! One thing for certain, pure electric high performance sports cars, to include hypercars, will continue to gather pace. A number of other automotive manufacturers, like the Croatia based RIMAC are vying for the same market.
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you buying your Next Green Car and with all your EV needs, to include:
- Compare and buy your next green car
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!
- Compare and buy electric kick scooters
- Compare and buy an e-bike