A Mind-Boggling 1972 BHP Battery Electric Vehicle. Not for the Faint-Hearted, Given The Brute-Power And Price Tag! Also, The First British All-Electric Hypercar
- The age of all-electric hypercars has commenced. Hypercars is a term used to describe high-performing supercars. Hypercars are unusual and limited edition vehicles
- U.K. based automotive company Lotus Cars, well known for their sports and racing cars, has introduced Britain’s first pure electric hypercar, the Evija. It is also the first fully electric supercar from an established automotive manufacturer
- Lotus Cars is now owned by Chinese automotive behemoth Geely, headquartered in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province
- Originally codenamed the Type 130, the name Evija is derived from Hebrew and means ‘the first in existence’ or ‘the living one’. It made its debut at the recent Monterey Car Week
- According to Russell Carr, Design Director “The Lotus Evija is a true Lotus, in that it elegantly balances stunning aesthetic forms with ingenious technical solutions to create a beautiful car with innovative design features.”
- The battery electric vehicle (BEV) will have a range of 250 miles under the more stringent WLTP cycle
- A top speed of over 200 miles, with a sub 3 seconds 0-62 mph acceleration. An astonishing 1972 bhp and 1254 lb ft torque
- The company will manufacturer 130 units. Deliveries will commence in 2020
- Prices at £2.4 million. You can reserve one for £250,000
I suspect I will not be going in the Evija hypercar to collect my Sunday morning newspapers! Nor will my credit card allow me to buy both, the hypercar and the newspapers!
It is certainly impressive to learn about the performance of the pure electric car. Reading these mind-boggling performance figures, even my static office chair seems to be galloping! One thing for certain, pure electric high performance sports cars, to include hypercars, will continue to gather pace. A number of other automotive manufacturers, like the Croatia based RIMAC are vying for the same market.
I love the fantasy of owning an all-electric zero-emission hypercar, but to be honest, I am just as happy driving a Nissan Leaf. For me it is about zero-emissions. Speed, brake horsepower and torque are secondary!
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy an electric car in the UK
- Compare affordable electric car finance and lease deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
And more! Do sign up to our e-newsletter to learn more about electric cars. Also follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.