Overview: A Perfect Electric Car For The First Time EV Buyer. Also Ideal For City Driving, School Runs etc. Remains Adorable And Cute!
Renault has made significant improvements to its flagship electric car model, the Zoe pure electric car. The Zoe, was first introduced in 2013, and has since cemented its leadership in the rapidly evolving electric vehicle market. According to Renault, more than 150,000 Zoe zero-emission EVs have been sold across Europe over the past six years:
- A 30% increase in battery capacity from 40 kWh to 52 kWh. And a 30% increase in range from 186 miles to 242 miles. The new EV battery pack has more energy-dense cells, hence the physical size remains the same
- The EV comes packed with driving aid technology. These include, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, traffic sign recognition and hands-free parking assist
- Starting price £18,670 (with the battery-lease scheme) to include the plug-in car grant of £3,500. Customers have the option to purchase the EV battery outright for an additional £7,000
- Company will commence accepting orders in mid-September, with deliveries slated for early 2020
- The new Zoe will come in three trim levels (Play, Iconic & GT Line). The mid-range and top-spec variants come with the option for 50 kW DC fast charging. The EV can be charged up to 80% in 70 minutes
- Charging time with Renault home charger (7 kW) from 0 to 100% will take 9 hours and 25 minutes (works perfectly for overnight charging). Using a faster 22 kW charger, the pure electric car can be charged up to 78 miles range within 60 minutes
- No radical changes to the exterior design, except for some limited cosmetic changes
Battery And Range
- Battery capacity: 52 kWh
- Battery type: lithium-ion
- Range (WLTP): 242 miles
- Capable of rapid charging
Power & Performance (Base Model)
- 0-62 mph: 11.4 seconds
- Top speed: 84 mph
- Brake horsepower: 106 bhp
- Torque: 225 Nm
Power & Performance (Iconic & GT Line)
- 0-62 mph: 9.5 seconds
- Top speed: 87 mph
- Brake horsepower: 132 bhp
- Torque: 245 Nm
The now familiar design of the Zoe remains unaltered. For those buyers not keen on radical changes in design, the New Zoe EV fits well. However, with the launch of many other equally ‘adorable’ pure electric cars, consumers may seek more innovative or futuristic designs. Having said that, the Zoe is certainly an ‘affordable EV’. New pure electric car models, like the Honda e, are priced much higher.
The range increase is certainly good and the Zoe EV can be a perfect car for a number of driving needs, to include, school runs, local commutes, work and even weekend trips. Those looking to buy their first EV, we always recommend to start with a small budget. The Zoe is certainly a ‘small’ start.
We at e-zoomed can help you source your perfect electric car, competitive finance, EV insurance, EV breakdown cover, green energy and a lot more. Follow this link to start a conversation with us!
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy an electric car in the UK
- Compare affordable electric car finance and lease deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
And more! Do sign up to our e-newsletter to learn more about electric cars. Also follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.