The Munich Based Automotive Group, VW, Is Unveiling EV Concepts At An Unprecedented Pace, As It Aims For Market Dominance In The Rapidly Growing Electric Vehicle Sector. The Global Brand Has Come A Long Way Since Dieselgate!
- The ambition of the German automotive behemoth Volkswagen in the fast evolving global zero-emission road transportation race is now well known. According to VW ‘the best way to see into the future is to create it yourself’. It is clear that they also walk-the-talk!
- The Group has committed EUR 30 billion towards its audacious ‘electrification dreams’ and aims to sell 3 million electric vehicles globally by 2025. But that is just the beginning of its ambitions. In fact, Volkswagen AG aims to build up to 22 million vehicles over the coming decade with the launch of up to 70 new electric vehicle models.
- The ID. Buzz electric concept car is part of the VW ID. family of electric cars that also includes the ID. Vizzion, ID.3 and the ID. Crozz.
- The ID. Buzz is the electric successor to the Microbus. The Buzz is an electric minivan. It was first unveiled as a prototype at the 2017 North American International Auto Show.
- It is the second EV concept to be announced by VW. The battery electric vehicle (BEV) is based on the MEB architecture, the VW electric vehicle platform. It has been designed to ‘recall the original Type 2 Microbus’. The first VW Bus was sold in the United States in 1950. The ID. Buzz will be the seventh generation of the VW Bus.
- The ID. Buzz concept is expected to have a zero-emission range of 300 miles with a 111 kWh EV battery pack. It is expected to be equipped with fast charging capability, charging up to 80% within 30 mins (150 kW). Indications so far suggest that the ID. Buzz will be available in two variants. The lower end EV is expected to be powered by a 83 kWh battery and a rear-mounted electric motor (268 bhp), with a range of 200 miles.
- The ID. Buzz concept will also feature VW’s autonomous technology ‘ID. Pilot’ and augmented navigation (AR head-up display). The electric vehicle will also feature ‘intelligent LED lights’.
- Expect top see the production vehicle in 2022.
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy an electric car in the UK
- Compare affordable electric car finance and lease deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!
And more! Do sign up to our e-newsletter to learn more about electric cars. Also follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.