The Volkswagen Group Has Already Made Clear Its Commitment To Electric Vehicles, But in November 2019, It Went A Step Further And Announced A Further Increase In Spending For EVs Up To EUR 60 Billion!
Volkswagen (VW), the German automotive manufacturer has come a long way since the emissions scandal in 2015, popularly referred to as ‘Dieselgate’ or ‘Emissionsgate’. VW has now committed to launching up to 75 new pure electric models in the next ten years, a significant increase from the 50 models, originally envisioned. In addition, the automotive manufacturer will also roll out 60 hybrid vehicles.
The total investment initially committed to the ‘electrification dreams’ was EUR 30 billion by 2023, which has now been increased to a whopping EUR 60 billion. The funding has been approved by the Board and is expected to be used between 2020 to 2024. VW aims to sell up to 26 million all-electric vehicles by 2029. In fact, just this week, VW delivered the 100,000th e-Golf.
The ID. Crozz is an all-electric crossover based on the VW MEB platform and part of the VW ID. Family of electric vehicles. The electric vehicle combines the strength of an SUV with the elegance of a coupe.
- The ID. Crozz prototype was unveiled at the 2017 Shanghai Auto Show (April). The ID. Crozz II was shown at the 2017 Frankfurt International Motor Show (September) The production model will be launched for sale in late 2020.
- The all-wheel drive battery-electric vehicle (BEV) will have an 83 kWh lithium-ion battery with an expected range up to 310 miles (NEDC) on a single charge.
- The EV will have a top speed of 180 km/h and a power output of 225 kW (300 bhp).
- The eco-friendly electric crossover is expected to be priced around US$ 40,000 (£30,000). The pricing strategy is expected to increase the ‘mass market appeal’ of the EV.
- The production model of the ID.Crozz has been spotted testing on roads, with production potentially at VW’s Emden factory in Germany.
Battery And Range
- Battery capacity: 83 kWh
- Battery type: lithium-ion
- Range (NEDC): 310 miles
- Capable of rapid charging (expected to charge up to 80% within 30 minutes)
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy an electric car in the UK
- Compare affordable electric car finance and lease deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
And more! Do sign up to our e-newsletter to learn more about electric cars. Also follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.