The Munich Based Automotive Group Is Unveiling EV Concepts At An Unprecedented Pace As It Aims For Market Domination In The Rapidly Growing Global Electric Vehicle Sector. The Brand Has Come A Long Way Since Dieselgate!
- The ambition of the German automotive behemoth, Volkswagen in the fast evolving global zero-emission road transportation race is now well known. According to VW ‘the best way to see into the future is to create it yourself’. It is clear that they also walk-the-talk!
- The Group has committed EUR 30 billion towards its audacious ‘electrification dreams’ and aims to sell 3 million electric vehicles globally by 2025. But that is just the beginning of its ambitions. In fact, Volkswagen AG aims to build up to 22 million vehicles over the coming decade with the launch of up to 70 new electric vehicle models.
- The ID. Space Vizzion wagon concept is the seventh EV concept from VW. The electric vehicle made its debut on 19th November 2019 at the 2019 Los Angeles Auto Show and is part of the VW ID. family. Other EVs in the ID. family portfolio also include the ID.3, ID.Crozz and ID.Buzz. The ID.3 is already in production. According to Klaus Bischoff, head of VW design, “The new ID.Space Vizzion brings unrivalled flexibility, uncompromising quality and German design to a new era of mobility”.
- The Space Vizzion production all-electric estate model is expected to be available in late 2021 in Europe and the following year (2022) in the US. It is also expected to be sold in China. It is based on the modular all-electric MEB architecture, the VW electric vehicle platform.
- The 82 kWh lithium-ion powered battery electric vehicle (BEV) has a claimed range of up to 367 miles (WLTP) on a single charge. 0-60 mph acceleration in 5.0 seconds. The top speed is electronically limited to 109 mph. (275 horsepower/205-kilowatt electric motor). The production model is expected to be available in rear or all-wheel drive.
- The Vizzion will have fast-charging capability (150 kW DC).
- The ID.Space Vizzion concept is four-seater, but the manufacturer may add a third row with three additional seats. The interior upholstery is eco-friendly and is manufactured from recycled apple waste. The concept comes with all bells and whistles to include 22-inch allow wheels. The EV concept does live up to its name, with a sizeable boot space of 586 litres.
- Expect to see the augmented-reality head-up display in the production version along with a 15.6-inch centre console screen. As seems to be the trend, the electric vehicle does not have door handles i.e. illuminated surfaces need to be touched to open the door. Not clear if this will actually be incorporated in the production model, as there is always a difference, in some cases large, between a concept model and a production model. Moreover, we do expect further changes to the styling.
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you buying your Next Green Car and with all your EV needs, to include:
- Compare and buy your next green car
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!
- Compare and buy electric kick scooters
- Compare and buy an e-bike