Volkswagen AG, the Germany automotive group is one of the leading automotive companies in the global electric vehicle (EV) industry. Volkswagen has committed to an investment up to Euro 30 billion by 2023. It aims to sell 3 million electric vehicles by 2025 and launch up to 70 new EV models over the next 10 years.
With the launch of its electric vehicle ID. Family, VW is fast cementing a dominant position to become the world’s largest electric vehicle (EV) manufacturer by 2028, with the automotive behemoth planning to manufacturer 22 million electric vehicles. The VW ID. Family includes:
- The all-electric VW ID.3
- The all-electric VW ID.4
- The all-electric VW e-Golf
- The all-electric VW e-up!
- The all-electric VW ID.Crozz (concept)
- The all-electric VW ID.R (concept)
- The all-electric VW ID.Vizzion (concept)
- The all-electric VW ID.Space Vizzion (concept)
Electric Cars: The Basics
For those of you new to zero-emission electric driving, we recommend a read of the following articles:
- Types Of Electric Vehicles: A Short Guide
- Should I Buy An Electric Car In 2021?
- Top 20 Jargons Used In The Electric Vehicle Industry!
- UK Plug-In Electric Car Grant 2021
- What Is The Difference Between Conventional Hybrids and Plug-In Hybrids?
- Electric Car Home Charging OLEV EVHS Grant
- Best Electric Cars 2021
- Electric Cars Range: What Is WLTP?
The All-Electric Volkswagen e-up! Hatchback
The Volkswagen e-up! is a city car that was launched as an internal combustion engine (ICE) model in 2011. The battery-electric vehicle (BEV) variant was launched in 2013 at the International Motor Show Germany. The original pure electric e-up! had a 18.7 kWh lithium-ion EV battery. The second-generation all-electric VW e-up! was announced in 2019.
|At A Glance|
|EV Type:||Battery-Electric Vehicle (BEV)|
|Plug-In Car Grant (PiCG):||Available|
|Available In UK:||Yes|
|Trims (1 Option)|
|e-up! (from £23,555)|
|A good option for pure electric city driving||Limited interior space|
|Well equipped||Lacks automatic emergency braking|
|Easy to drive||Limited range for out of city trips|
|EV Battery & Emissions|
|EV Battery Type:||Lithium-ion|
|EV Battery Capacity:||Available in one battery size (32.3 kWh)|
|Charging:||40 kW rapid charging standard. On-board charger 7.2 kW AC|
|Charge Port:||Type 2|
|EV Cable Type:||Type 2|
|Tailpipe Emissions:||0g (CO2/km)|
|EV Battery Capacity:||32.3 kWh|
|Pure Electric Range (WLTP):||159 miles (combined)|
|Pure Electric Range (WLTP):||220 miles (city)|
|Charging:||40 kW Rapid Charging (on-board charger: 7.2kW AC)|
|Top Speed:||81 mph|
|0-62 mph:||11.9 seconds|
|Electric Motor (kW):||61|
|Max Power (PS):||82|
|Unladen Weight (kg):||1,235|
For those of you seeking to buy and install EV home charging points, we offer a vast range of high quality and high performance electric car charging points to include a seamless service of supply of product and installation at very competitive prices.
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy your next green car
- Compare and buy EV charging points
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!
- Compare and buy electric kick scooters
- Compare and buy an e-bike