Electric Cars: The Basics
For those of you new to zero-emission electric driving, we recommend a read of the following articles:
Electric Cars: The Basics For those of you new to zero-emission electric driving, we recommend a read of the following articles: Sign up to the e-zoomed Electric Living newsletter…Read More
Sign up to the e-zoomed Electric Living newsletter
Dale Vince, a true visionary has been involved with the renewable energy sector from a period, when most of us had yet to come across either a wind or solar farm. In fact, ecotricity has been involved in supplying ‘clean energy’ for over three decades.
Ecotricity began supplying ‘green electricity’ in 1996. making the company not only the first company in the U.K to supply renewable energy, but also achieved the incredible distinction of the world’s first green electricity supplier.
The mid-nineties were interesting times in the U.K. energy sector. The energy market was being liberalized and Dale Vince spotted an opportunity to create a clean energy company that removed the ‘middle man’ and provided more value and more competitive pricing to consumers.
Vince, an avant-garde in introducing ‘green electricity’, is also a front-runner in building a ‘consumer centric’ energy business. Since 1996, Vince and the incredible ecotricity team have executed their vision with a comprehensive commitment!
If that was not enough, ecotricity also built an electric sports car named ‘Nemesis’. In September 2012, the electric vehicle broke the U.K. electric land speed record achieving an average speed of 151 miles per hour.
Quick Facts: Ecotricity: Inspiring Achievements
- Delivered green electricity to its first consumer on 1stApril 1996.
- On 13thDecember 1996, ecotricity established its first windmill.
- In 1997, Dale went to Japan to attend one of the first electric vehicle events and did try to buy an EV from Toyota.
- In 1999, the company built the first multi MW windmill project. It was also the first windmill to have a viewing platform (designed by Sir Norman Foster).
- In 2000, the founder of Body Shop, the late Anita Roddick, converted all her stores into green electricity sourced from ecotricity.
- Supplied green energy to the residential customers for the first time in 2003.
- In 2007, Al Gore presented ecotricity with the world’s leading green energy prize at the Ashden awards.
- In 2010 the company launched a ‘Green Gas Tariff’, making it the first company to offer a truly green dual fuel tariff.
- In 2011, the company launched the ‘Electric Highway’, the UK’s first motorway network for charging electric vehicles.
- In 2017, the company launched the ‘Fully Charged Bundle’, an energy and EV bundle.
Ecotricity Green Energy
- Both electricity and gas are produced from renewable sources.
- Green electricity is harvested by using renewable sources like wind, sun and the sea (the company owns and operates its own windmills and sunmills. It generates a fifth in-house).
- Green gas made from organic material.
- Ecotricity also offers ‘vegan energy’ which is produced without using animals or animal by-products.
- One simple rate.
- No contract and no exit fee.
ecotricity: Fully Charged EV Bundle
Ecotricity offer an EV specific 100% green electricity tariff called the ‘Fully Charged Bundle’. According to the company, the Fully Charged Bundle can save an electric car owner up to £215 in the first year. Ecotricity also offers Fully Charged Bundle customers ‘half price’ charging on the Electric Highway public charging points (15p/kWh instead of 30p/kWh, with no connection fee or monthly subscription).
- Tariff Name: Green Electricity + EV
- Standing Charge: 37.03p per day
- Unit Rate: 14.56p
- Tariff Type: variable
- Price Guarantee: 30th September 2021
- Exit Fees: no exit fees
We at e-zoomed encourage you to switch to green energy for both the home and EV charging. Switching to ecotricity is easy. Just follow this link.