A Global Market Leader In Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure! e-zoomed Is Proud To Welcome EVBox As A Partner For Our EV Charging e-Store!
Electric Cars: The Basics
For those of you new to zero-emission electric driving, we recommend a read of the following articles:
- Types Of Electric Vehicles: A Short Guide
- Should I Buy An Electric Car In 2021?
- Top 20 Jargons Used In The Electric Vehicle Industry!
- UK Plug-In Electric Car Grant 2021
- What Is The Difference Between Conventional Hybrids and Plug-In Hybrids?
- Electric Car Home Charging OLEV EVHS Grant
- Best Electric Cars 2021
- Electric Cars Range: What Is WLTP?
Even though, EVBox is not a brand as well known as Tesla, the Amsterdam based ‘electric vehicle charging infrastructure and charging management’ company’s contribution to the fast evolving global EV market, is certainly impressive. EVBox was founded in 2010 with a clear vision: ‘a fully modular charging station that facilitates easy installation, maintenance upgrades, and above all, uncompromising quality and durability’. EVBox has a global footprint that few companies in the EV industry have achieved.
- More than 150,000+ charging points powering EV drivers
- 5,000+ DC fast charging points
- 70+ countries
- 900 million electric kilometers charged in 2018
EVBox’s position further strengthened in 2017, with the acquisition of the company by ENGIE, the energy utility and global service provider. Very few companies in the EV charging infrastructure sector can claim the global dominance of EVBox. A number of competitors are at ‘early start-up’ stages. EVBox is active across Europe, North and South America. The company has established operations in the UK, led by Jonathan Goose, UK Managing Director.
EVBox: Product Overview
EVBox portfolio of EV charging products, powered by intelligent software, is compatible with all types of electric vehicles and caters for multiple types of customers, to include:
- Home chargers
- Business chargers
- Fast chargers
- Public chargers
- Smart charging
- Charging management
- Charge cards
Charging Your Electric Car At Home With An EVBox Charger Could Not Be Easier Or More Reliable: It Is As Easy As Charging Your Smartphone!
Though much has been discussed about EV public charging infrastructure in the UK, the vast majority of charging is done at home, mostly overnight. It is therefore imperative, as an electric vehicle owner that appropriate home EV charging infrastructure is installed. The benefits are numerous:
- Faster charging speeds
- Lower risk (remember charging involves electric current)
- Easy to charge (plug-and-play)
- Saving money i.e. smart charging
- Aesthetic design that is sympathetic with your environment
- A place to neatly and safely store EV cables
As part of the UK government’s strong commitment to ultra low emission vehicles (ULEVs) via the Road to Zero Strategy, the government has commenced a consultation process to mandate EV home charging infrastructure for new builds. Moreover, the government also offers an incentive via the ‘Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme’ of up to 75% towards green car home charging infrastructure. The government has so far supported up to 60,000 domestic chargepoints via the EVHS. As of July 2019, the government will only approve for the grant, home charging infrastructure that is smart i.e. ‘chargepoints must be able to be remotely accessed, and capable of receiving, interpreting and reacting to a signal’. All EVBOX products are compliant for the grant.
- 3 year manufacturers warranty as standard and CE certified.
- Design to evolve with every electric car, a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) or a pure electric car, now and in the future. No need to replace the charger. Just upgrade the cable and capacity.
- Charges up to 8 times faster than a regular outlet. Charging capacities: 3.7kW, 7.4kW, 11kW, 22kW.
- Intelligent charging management: the home charger connects to the ‘Hey EVBox mobile or desktop app’ to help you track your charging sessions (via WiFi or 3G). It also helps save money.
- Minimum maintenance: weatherproof and shockproof.
- You can choose between tethered and untethered (choice of cables of different lengths, along with cable holders).
- Certified installers.
- To buy an EVBox Elvi home charger from e-zoomed, simply follow this link!
- You can also buy the perfect electric car charging cable via e-zoomed. We have a fantastic range of high quality, high performance and competitively priced EV charging cables. Simply follow this link!
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy your next green car
- Compare and buy EV charging points
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!
- Compare and buy electric kick scooters
- Compare and buy an e-bike