e-zoomed Is Proud To Introduce Ohme As A Partner For The e-zoomed EV Charging & Cables Store
The Pace Of Innovation In the Electric Vehicle Charging Sector Continues Unabated. Ohme Is An Excellent Example Of The Progress
It was easy for me to recognise the voice on the other end of the phone. I had first spoken to Stefan more than 5 years ago, when we were active in the global renewable energy business. He is now Head of Strategic Partnerships at Ohme, an exciting and innovative EV charging business. Stefan certainly has an uncanny flair for choosing employers at the avant-garde of innovation and success!
Ohme is owned by Temporis Capital, a well established investment management firm, with a focus in the renewable energy and clean technology sectors. Temporis has been involved in low carbon projects with an installed capacity of over 450 MWs. Certainly an impressive parent!
Ohme ‘the intelligent EV charger’ business is leading the curve on innovation in regards to EV charging cables. The company has identified an opportunity to create more value for the EV owner, by offering an EV charging cable that is ‘smart’. Most electric vehicle charging cables in the market today can be charaterised as ‘dumb’, as the cables do not offer any further functionality, apart from charging.
Ohme charging cables ushers ‘the future of EV charging to EV owners today‘
The Ohme cable is conceived with the core concept of ‘interacting dynamically with the variability of electricity tariff pricing‘, such that, you the consumer, can achieve maximum savings, while charging your zero-emission electric car. Now, that is smart! By bringing the needs of the EV drivers to the forefront in regards to charging costs, Ohme has pushed the envelope on cable performance to a new level. The intelligent cable ‘chooses the cheapest available electricity’ to save you money. Given that the majority of electric car charging is done at home, the ability to charge at the ‘right time, right amount and right price’, all from the convenience of the Ohme mobile app, is a certain winner for EV owners.
The cable is fitted with a ‘brainbox’ that automatically scans for the cheapest tariff from your energy supplier. The intelligent EV charging cable then charges the amount you need for your next journey.
Advantages and benefits of Ohme intelligent electric vehicle charging cable
- Compatible with all electric vehicles
- Set charging preferences to include daily commutes and weekend trips via the app
- Monitor electricity consumption via the app
- Assess cost savings and driving costs per mile via the app (potential savings of up to £300 per year when used with a dynamic time-of-use tariff). In the event you have a ‘fixed electricity tariff‘, you can still use the Ohme cable, but it will not be able to save you money
- Use voice recognition software to give commands via the app
- Allows fast charging (7kW) i.e. about 25 miles per hour of charging
- Plug into an existing chargepoint to upgrade the charger to ‘smart’
There are three types of Ohme electric car charging cables
- 3-pin plug
- Type 2
You can buy the following Ohme cables form the e-zoomed shop. Just follow the links below:
- 3-pin to type 1
- 3-pin to type 2
- Commando to type 1
- Commando to type 2
- Type 2 to type 1
- Type 2 to type 1
Apart from the intelligent charging cable, Ohme also has an OLEV approved ‘Ohme Wall Charger’.
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy an electric car in the UK
- Compare affordable electric car finance and lease deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
And more! Do sign up to our e-newsletter to learn more about electric cars. Also follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.