Electric Cars: The Basics
For those of you new to zero-emission electric driving, we recommend a read of the following articles:
- Types Of Electric Vehicles: A Short Guide
- Should I Buy An Electric Car In 2021?
- Top 20 Jargons Used In The Electric Vehicle Industry!
- UK Plug-In Electric Car Grant 2021
- What Is The Difference Between Conventional Hybrids and Plug-In Hybrids?
- Electric Car Home Charging OLEV EVHS Grant
- Best Electric Cars 2021
- Electric Cars Range: What Is WLTP?
Sign up to the e-zoomed Electric Living newsletter
Ohme is owned by Temporis Capital, a well established investment management firm, with a focus in the renewable energy and clean technology sectors. Temporis has been involved in low carbon projects with an installed capacity of over 450 MWs. Certainly an impressive parent!
Ohme ‘the intelligent EV charger’ business is leading the curve on innovation in regards to EV charging cables. The company has identified an opportunity to create more value for the EV owner, by offering an EV charging cable that is ‘smart’. Most electric vehicle charging cables in the market today can be charaterised as ‘dumb’, as the cables do not offer any further functionality, apart from charging.
Ohme charging cables ushers ‘the future of EV charging to EV owners today‘
The Ohme cable is conceived with the core concept of ‘interacting dynamically with the variability of electricity tariff pricing‘, such that, you the consumer, can achieve maximum savings, while charging your zero-emission electric car. Now, that is smart! By bringing the needs of the EV drivers to the forefront in regards to charging costs, Ohme has pushed the envelope on cable performance to a new level.
The intelligent cable ‘chooses the cheapest available electricity’ to save you money. Given that the majority of electric car charging is done at home, the ability to charge at the ‘right time, right amount and right price’, all from the convenience of the Ohme mobile app, is a certain winner for EV owners. The cable is fitted with a ‘brainbox’ that automatically scans for the cheapest tariff from your energy supplier. The intelligent EV charging cable then charges the amount you need for your next journey.
Advantages and benefits of Ohme intelligent electric vehicle (EV) charging cable
- Compatible with all electric vehicles.
- Set charging preferences to include daily commutes and weekend trips via the app.
- Monitor electricity consumption via the app.
- Assess cost savings and driving costs per mile via the app (potential savings of up to £300 per year when used with a dynamic time-of-use tariff). In the event you have a ‘fixed electricity tariff‘, you can still use the Ohme cable, but it will not be able to save you money.
- Use voice recognition software to give commands via the app.
- Allows fast charging (7kW) i.e. about 25 miles per hour of charging.
- Plug into an existing chargepoint to upgrade the charger to ‘smart’.
There are three types of Ohme electric car charging cables
- 3-pin plug
- Type 2
For those of you seeking to buy and install EV home charging points, we offer a vast range of high quality and high performance electric car charging points to include a seamless service of supply of product and installation at very competitive prices.