LEVC Is Demonstrating That It Is More Than Just A One-Trick Pony ‘electric vision’ platform, With The Unveiling Of The Zero-Emission Range-Extender Electric Van!
Just the other week we had published an article on the LEVC electric taxi, which is already proving popular in London, with 2,000 on the roads. In June this year, Sadiq Khan, the Mayor of London unveiled the LEVC electric light van.
Khan said “ I am delighted that LEVC is applying the lessons learnt from designing and building London’s electric black cab to this new van. Developing clean, sustainable, electric vehicles is essential in order to tackle our air quality emergency and the climate change crisis. London’s commitment to clean air policies is driving the pursuit of a positive electric future for all.”
It should come as no surprise that LEVC has a vision and aspiration far beyond the world of zero-emission electric taxis. After all, the company is owned by the behemoth Chinese automotive group, Geely. Indeed, the strategy to further exploit the LEVC reputation and brand, to introduce other types of commercial EVs is prudent and timely.
The company plans to follow with a full range of ‘new energy’ commercial vehicles and aims to become ‘the leading European electric commercial vehicle provider’. The LEVC electric light van has also made its debut in Europe in early September 2019 at an event in Germany. Also worth noting is that LEVC is the only company in the world that manufacturers a purpose-built range extender electric taxi.
- The electric van will have a zero-emission electric range of up to 80 miles. The combined petrol and electric range will be up to 377 miles. The electric commercial van aims to serve the needs of ‘distribution between out of town depots and city centres’, such that the vehicle can ‘switch’ to zero-emission mode in Ultra Low Emission Zones.
- The electric van is based on the same architecture and proven e-City range extender technology as the electric taxi.
- The light van has a 31 kWh lithium-ion EV battery, same at the electric taxi.
- Order books will open at the end of 2020 with further details released closer to launch. In the meantime do register your interest.
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy an electric car in the UK
- Compare affordable electric car finance and lease deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
And more! Do sign up to our e-newsletter to learn more about electric cars. Also follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.