There Is Little Doubt That One Of The Biggest Opportunities For The Zero-Emission Road Transportation Sector, Is The Migration From Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) Commercial Vans To Zero-Emission All-Electric Vans. Mercedes Benz Is Aiming To Capture More Than A Slice Of This Potential With The All-Electric eVito Van!
- The battery-electric vehicle (BEV) Mercedes-Benz eVito van has arrived in the UK. The pure-electric van enters an already competitive marketplace with other all-electric van models like the, Citroen Berlingo electric van, the Renault KANGOO electric van and the Nissan e-NV200 electric commercial van. All these eco-friendly vans are aiming to replace incumbent internal combustion engine (ICE) delivery commercial vans, in particular, those delivering to urban centres.
- The electric eVito has a high-voltage 41 kWh lithium-ion battery pack with a zero-emission range of 93 miles (WLTP) on a single charge. Mercedes believes the range will be adequate for ‘planned, often recurring rounds’. In comparison, the Nissan electric van has a WLTP range up to 124 miles, while the Renault Van has a WLTP range of 143 miles. Interestingly, both the Nissan and Renault vans have a smaller EV battery i.e. 40 kWh and 33 kWh respectively. The e-Vito EV battery can be fully charged in 6 hours (7.2 kW).
- The eVito has 3 driving modes (Comfort, Economy, Economy Plus) and 4 recovery levels to optimise the emission-free electric range. The commercial van also has a ‘sound generator’ that produces an audible sound at speeds up to 20 mph, imperative for safer road conditions for pedestrians and cyclists. The light commercial vehicle has a 85 kW electric motor (116 bhp) and 300 Nm torque. By way of comparison the pure-electric Citroen Berlingo has 215 Nm torque.
- The front-wheel drive eVito electric van comes in four variants (2 lengths and 2 trims) . The L2 and the L3. The L2 e-Vito can carry a payload up to 923 kg, while the L3 up to 898 kg. The two trim levels are Pure and Progressive. As standard, the eVito comes with Mercedes Pro connected services, air-conditioning, heated driver seat and vehicle tracker. Also included are hill-start assist, heated exterior mirrors, wood flooring and a four-meter charging cable.
- The Mercedes-Benz eVito is a good option for businesses that need to operate in cities that are enforcing zero-emission zones, like ULEZ in London and require to use zero-emission vans. The electric van is eligible for the UK Government plug-in van grant, up to a maximum of £8,000. Prices for the eVito starts at £39,895 (excluding VAT) and is available to order now.
- Royal Mail has announced it will introduce 87 new electric delivery vans for London. The e-Vito will be part of the all-electric postal fleet.
- The eVito BEV is the first all-electric van from the German automotive manufacturer for 2020. However, Mercedes will also launch the all-electric e-Sprinter later in 2020.
Battery And Range
- Battery capacity: 41 kWh
- Battery type: lithium-ion
- Range (WLTP): 93 miles
- Charging: 0% to 100%: 6 hours (using Mercedes wallbox charging unit)
- Torque: 300 Nm
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy an electric car in the UK
- Compare affordable electric car finance and lease deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!