Electric Cars: The Basics
For those of you new to zero-emission electric driving, we recommend a read of the following blog categories:
Sign up to the e-zoomed Electric Living newsletter
Nissan Has Leveraged The Technology From The Hugely Successful All-Electric Nissan Leaf To Gain Leadership In The Fast Evolving Zero-Emission Commercial Vehicle Segment
- The Nissan e-NV200 is an all-electric light commercial van manufactured by the Japanese automotive manufacturer Nissan Motor Co Ltd .
- The e-NV200 is based on the Nissan NV200, which was unveiled at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show. The e-NV200 concept all-electric van was unveiled at the 2012 North American International Auto Show.
- Twenty eight e-NV200 vans were used in a 6 month trail with British Gas in November 2013. The electric van went on sale in 2014.
- Since its introduction, the e-NV200 has been adopted by a number of leading ‘blue chip’ fleets.
- The 2014 model was fitted with a 24 kWh battery back with a ‘real world’ range of less than 60 miles. Since then, both the battery size and range have increased significantly with the introduction of the upgraded model in 2018.
- The e-NV200 comes in two options 1) The electric van 2) Nissan e-NV200 Combi, the electric people carrier.
- The e-NV200 Combi can be used as a professional people-carrier with up to seven seats.
- The pure electric van is designed for ‘city business’ and is available in three trims (Visia, Acenta & Tekna). The battery electric vehicle can carry a cargo up to 705 kg.
- The e-NV200 van comes with a 107 bhp electric motor with a range between 124 miles and 187 miles (WLTP city and combined cycle). The battery has an 8 year battery warranty (up to 100,000 miles).
- Approve for the U.K. government plug-in car grant, zero congestion charge and zero tax.
- Prices start from £20,005 including VAT.
Battery And Range
- Battery capacity: 40 kWh
- Battery type: lithium-ion
- Range (WLTP): 124 miles
- Capable of rapid charging (from 20% to 80% in 40 to 60 minutes)
The salient points of the U.K. governments ‘Road to Zero Strategy’ makes a strong case for the transition by businesses to zero-emission driving. All-electric commercial vehicles, like the Nissan e-NV200 will become the ‘norm’ sooner than later. In fact, we at e-zoomed believe that businesses will migrate to electric commercial vehicles much sooner than the 2040 impending deadline.
Businesses using pure electric vans, like the e-NV200 can benefit from a number of incentives to include, the government grant, lower to zero vehicle excise duty, zero congestion and ULEZ charge. But above all, we believe businesses will benefit from ‘improved consumer perception’, which is invaluable. Consumers, have and will continue to support products and brands that have demonstrated sustainability and the environment at the core of their DNA and strategy. Electric transportation is certainly a very visible demonstration of brand values, and we encourage all businesses to adopt all-electric zero emission transportation.
We at e-zoomed offer a wide variety of high quality and high performance electric car charging cables (type 2 and type 1), perfect for charging your electric car at home or at public EV charging stations.