It Is Imperative That You Exercise Your Right To Comment On The Consultation, To Make Our World A Better Place For Current And Future Generations i.e. Lower Air Pollution!
The ban of polluting internal combustion engine (ICE) diesel and petrol vehicles has been firmly in the headlines over the past few days, as the UK government intends to bring forward the date of the ban to 2035, but could be potentially as early as 2032.
The government first announced its intention to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel vehicles in its Road to Zero Strategy (July 2018). The government envisioned the following:
- Put the UK at the forefront of design and manufacturer of zero-emission vehicles.
- For all new cars and vans to be effectively zero-emission by 2040 i.e. end the sale of new conventional petrol and diesel cars and vans by 2040.
- By 2050 all cars and vans to be zero-emission.
- At least 50%, and as many as 70% new cars and vans sold being ultra low emission by 2030.
- Up to 40% of new van sales being ultra low emission by 2030.
It is clear from the above Road to Zero objectives that despite the sale of new petrol and diesel cars and vans to be terminated by 2040, used internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles will continue to travel on our roads. In fact, for another decade, till 2050, when all internal combustion engine vehicles will be banned.
In our view at the time of the release of the Road to Zero Strategy document, we felt that the government had not been bold enough in its ambition to migrate the United Kingdom to emission-free road transportation. However, the governments change in position to bring forward the date for the ban is a decisive and positive step in curbing the harmful effects of air pollution and mitigating the risks associated with climate change.
We would also urge the government to ban used ICE vehicles from 2032 i.e. we should migrate 100% to emission-free road transportation of passenger cars and commercial vehicles.
We cannot stress enough the importance of your opinion in helping us prosper sooner than later in an emission-free environment. Every opinion matters and no individual should waste such an opportunity to make a positive and significant change for our communities. By moving the ban forward, we will:
- Reduce air pollution, in particular harmful pollutants as a result of tailpipe emissions.
- Reduce the incidence of illnesses and deaths as a result of emissions from road transportation.
- Protect the vulnerable, in particular, the children and the elderly.
- Mitigate risks related to global warming and climate change.
- Last but not the least, leave a legacy of a cleaner country and planet for future generations.
Make your opinion count today buy following this link. Remember, every life saved matters!
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy your next green car
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!
- Compare and buy electric kick scooters
- Compare and buy an e-bike