e-zoomed Is Proud To Have Ecotricity As A Partner For Green Energy
The Achievements Of Leading Green Energy Supplier Ecotricity Is Inspirational Beyond Words
My involvement with the renewable energy industry began more by chance than design. I vividly recall standing at a solar farm in the midst of the Bavarian winter in early 2007. Despite the grey skies, the ‘as far as the eye can see’ array of solar panels were producing solar energy to power a significant number of households in the region. I was and still am awestruck, despite a decade of involvement with green energy.
But if you think I am an early participant in the now established renewable energy industry, think again. Dale Vince, a true visionary has been involved with the renewable energy sector from a period, when most of us had yet to come across either a wind or solar farm. In fact, Ecotricity has been involved in supplying ‘clean energy’ for over three decades.
Ecotricity began supplying ‘green electricity’ in 1996. making the company not only the first company in the U.K to supply renewable energy, but also achieved the incredible distinction of the world’s first green electricity supplier.
The mid-nineties were interesting times in the U.K. energy sector. The energy market was being liberalized and Dale Vince spotted an opportunity to create a clean energy company that removed the ‘middle man’ and provid more value and fairer pricing to consumers. So not only was Vince an avant-garde in introducing ‘green electricity’ but also a front-runner in building a ‘consumer centric’ energy business. Since 1996, Vince and the incredible team have executed their vision with comprehensive commitment!
If that was not enough, Ecotricity built an electric sports car named ‘Nemesis’. In September 2012, the EV broke the U.K. electric land speed record achieving an average speed of 151 miles per hour.
Quick Facts: Ecotricity: Inspiring Achievements
- Delivered green electricity to its first consumer on 1stApril 1996
- On 13thDecember 1996, Ecotricity established its first windmill
- In 1997, Dale went to Japan to attend one of the first electric vehicle events and did try to buy an EV from Toyota
- In 1999, the company built the first multi MW windmill project. It was also the first windmill to have a viewing platform (designed by Sir Norman Foster)
- In 2000, the founder of Body Shop, the late Anita Roddick, converted all her stores into green electricity sourced from Ecotricity
- Supplied green energy to the residential customers for the first time in 2003
- In 2007, Al Gore presented Ecotricity with the world’s leading green energy prize at the Ashden awards
- In 2010 the company launched a ‘Green Gas Tariff’, making it the first company to offer a truly green dual fuel tariff
- In 2011, the company launched the ‘Electric Highway’, the UK’s first motorway network for charging electric vehicles
- In 2017, the company launched the ‘Fully Charged Bundle’, an energy and EV bundle
Ecotricity Green Energy
- Both electricity and gas are produced from renewable sources
- Green electricity is harvested by using renewable sources like wind, sun and the sea (the company owns and operates its own windmills and sunmills. It generates a fifth in-house)
- Green gas made from organic material
- Ecotricity also offers ‘vegan energy’ which is produced without using animals or animal by-products
- One simple rate
- No contract and no exit fee
Fully Charged Bundle
- Perfect for electric car drivers to charge their electric vehicles at home and on the road
- 50% off on charging on the Electric Highway
- Discounted electricity rate
- Potentially save over £400 in the 1styear
We at e-zoomed encourage you to switch to green energy for both the home and EV charging. Switching to Ecotricity is easy. Just follow this link.
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy an electric car in the UK
- Compare affordable electric car finance and lease deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
And more! Do sign up to our e-newsletter to learn more about electric cars. Also follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.