If there is one thing for certain, it is, that in the 21st century, climate change, environment and renewable energy, will be dominant themes in the narrative and decisions of governments, businesses, families and individuals! It will be impossible to not be impacted by these core themes in this century!
Pertinent issues like the climate crisis are not new to the 21st century. In fact, climate change had already become an important global topic towards the end of the 20th century. But the 21st century has witnessed the agenda on climate change take global centre stage.
All stakeholders have an important role to play in regards to the environment, and that also includes individuals like you! You do not have to be a Greta Thunberg to make a difference, but we all need to find the Greta in us!
Green energy, is energy that is produced or generated using natural resources like the wind, sun, water and biomass to generate electricity. Green electricity is renewable and clean i.e. emission-free, with a positive relationship with the environment. Renewable energy can be used to power a business, government buildings, infrastructure like airports and of course, your home, your electric car and much more!
Top Benefits Of Green Energy
It is true, in that, the benefits of using green and clean energy has a positive impact on us all. The greater the use of clean energy, the lower the negative impact on our planet and ecosystems. We all, everyone one of us, has a dependence and inescapable link to our environment. There is simply no exception! The top benefits of renewable energy include:
- Energy generation without creating greenhouses gases, one of the catalysts for the increasing danger of climate change. Renewable energy does not emit carbon dioxide (CO2), mercury, nitrogen oxide (NOx), sulphur dioxide (SO2) or dangerous particulate matter into the air.
- Reducing air pollution and increasing air quality. In the UK and worldwide, increase in diseases and deaths have been linked directly to an increase in air pollution. Children and the elderly have been most impacted by the increasing level of air pollution in our cities.
- Help protect our environment and planet for future generations.
- Unlike fossil fuels, green energy is generated using unlimited renewable sources, like wind and solar, therefore guaranteeing that our ‘fuel supply’ will never run out! In the UK, both solar and wind are widely available to generate renewable electricity.
- By using green electricity to charge your battery-electric vehicle (BEV), the tailpipe emissions are zero-emissions.
- Renewable energy generation does not have any long-term negative impact to land.
- Increases our national energy security by reducing our dependence on other countries for energy.
- Reduces energy price fluctuations. Renewable electricity prices are more stable and less impacted by external factors like international politics, war and other global events.
Green Energy Is Produced From Natural Resources
Green energy is produced by harnessing the energy in natural resources like wind and solar, both of which gain energy from the sun. This can happen in different ways. Solar photovoltaic (PV) panels, commonly known as solar panels, are used to convert the energy from the sun into electricity. Solar farms, which are usually large scale PV plants, then inject electricity into the national grid to be consumed by homes and businesses.
Wind turbines convert kinetic energy from the wind into electricity. A wind farm is similar to a solar farm, except it has multiple wind turbines instead of PV modules.
Does The UK Produce Green Energy?
Yes, the UK is a leading producer of renewable energy. The onshore capacity of wind turbines is 12,904 MW and the offshore capacity is 7,895 MW. This means they generate enough clean electricity for 14 million homes in the UK. As of March 2020, the total capacity of renewables in the UK was 47.4 GW, which is more than one third of the power generated in the UK coming from a renewable source.
Are There Green Energy Suppliers In The UK?
Yes. In fact, the UK is leading the charge with a number of established green energy suppliers, to include independents and the big six suppliers.
- Best Green Energy Suppliers UK 2021: Our Top Three Picks!
- Best Green Energy Suppliers UK: The Complete Guide!
- Best Electric Car Charging Tariffs
Ecotricity and Good Energy are partners of e-zoomed. Why not switch to the ecotricity ‘Fully Charged Bundle’ via e-zoomed and get green energy to power your home and charge your electric Vehicle (EV). This way your well-to-wheel emissions are zero.
Why Are Petrol And Diesel Called ‘Dirty’?
It is because cars that run on petrol or diesel pollute the environment with CO2 emissions and other pollutants via the tailpipe/exhaust. EVs do not have tailpipes and hence do not release harmful emissions into the air.
Can I Generate Green Energy At Home And Charge My EV?
Yes, you can certainly generate your own green energy at home using solar panels and charge your electric car using that energy.
Will I Be Able To Charge My EV On The Road With Green Energy?
Yes you can. Our partner Ecotricity’s ‘Fully Charged Bundle’ includes charging on the Electric Highway, with green energy at very competitive prices. You can easily switch to the Fully Charged Bundle via the e-zoomed website.
How Will I Know If The Green Energy Plan Is Genuine?
OFGEM, the regulator for the UK energy sector certifies the origin of energy for suppliers via the Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin Certificates (REGOs), can demonstrate suppliers to final electricity customers that the source of energy used for the green plan.
For those of you seeking to buy and install EV home charging points, we offer a vast range of high quality and high performance electric car charging points to include a seamless service of supply of product and installation at very competitive prices.
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy your next green car
- Compare and buy EV charging points
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!
- Compare and buy electric kick scooters
- Compare and buy an e-bike