Fiat Automobile S.p.A. is a subsidiary the Netherlands based Stellantis N.V., which was formed by the merger of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Italian/ American) and Groupe PSA (French). You may not be familiar with these names, but the automotive brands in the portfolio would be well known to most consumers. These include: Maserati, Opel, Peugeot, Jeep, Vauxhall, Alfa Romeo etc.
Fiat continues to remain the largest automotive manufacturer in Italy, but also has manufacturing locations globally, with Brazil as the largest international production site. Fiat Automobiles has been recognised in Europe for the lower emission footprint of its vehicles and has been ranked as the lowest level of CO2 emissions by vehicles sold in Europe. The all-electric NEW 500 is leading the transition for the Italian manufacturer to zero-emission electric driving.
Electric Cars: The Basics
For those of you new to zero-emission electric driving, we recommend a read of the following articles:
- Types Of Electric Vehicles: A Short Guide
- Should I Buy An Electric Car In 2021?
- Top 20 Jargons Used In The Electric Vehicle Industry!
- UK Plug-In Electric Car Grant 2021
- What Is The Difference Between Conventional Hybrids and Plug-In Hybrids?
- Electric Car Home Charging OLEV EVHS Grant
- Best Electric Cars 2021
- Electric Cars Range: What Is WLTP?
The All-Electric Fiat New 500 Convertible
The Fiat 500 electric car has its roots in the classic 1957 Fiat 500, a car that has been hugely successful and iconic (sold more than 2 million cars globally). The Fiat New 500 EV is bigger than the international combustion engine (ICE) car: 6 cm in width and length, 22mm longer wheelbase.
|At A Glance|
|EV Type:||Battery-Electric Vehicle (BEV)|
|Plug-In Car Grant (PiCG):||Available|
|Engine Options:||Available in one engine option: 87 KW 118 HP|
|Available In UK:||Yes|
|Trims (3 Options)|
|500 Passion (from: £29,145)|
|500 Icon (from: £30,645)|
|500 La Prima (from: £32,995)|
|Perfect for city driving||Rear seats with limited legroom|
|Stylish, fun & iconic||Not practical for a larger family|
|One pedal driving||Limited boot space to carry luggage and other kit|
|Good zero-emission range||Expensive compared to some alternatives|
|Good turning radius||Blind spots|
|Level 2 autonomous driving||Parts of some interior cheap|
|EV Battery & Emissions|
|EV Battery Type:||Lithium-ion|
|EV Battery Capacity:||Available in one size (42 kWh)|
|Charging:||2,3kW AChome outlet(single-phase 13A)(0-100%)MODE2, 11kW AC station (three-phase 16A) (0-100%)-MODE3, up to 85kW DC Fast Charging – MODE 4 (0-80%)|
|Charge Port:||Type 2|
|EV Cable Type:||Type 2|
|Tailpipe Emissions:||0g (CO2/km)|
|Model: 87 KW 118HP|
|Engine:||87 KW 118HP|
|EV Battery Capacity:||42 kWh|
|Pure Electric Range (WLTP):||192 miles (combined)|
|Pure Electric Range (WLTP):||273 miles (city)|
|Electric Consumption (kWh/100km):||14.4|
|Charging:||85 kW DC Fast Charging|
|Top Speed:||93 mph|
|0-60 mph:||9 seconds|
|Electric Motor (kW):||87|
|Max Power (hp):||118|
|Kerb Weight (kg)||1405|
For those of you seeking to buy and install EV home charging points, we offer a vast range of high quality and high performance electric car charging points to include a seamless service of supply of product and installation at very competitive prices.
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy your next green car
- Compare and buy EV charging points
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
- Compare and buy best e-scooters!
- Compare and buy electric kick scooters
- Compare and buy an e-bike