Citroen, The French Automotive Manufacturer And Part Of The PSA Peugeot Citroen Group, Though committed To Electric Cars, Is Behind Competitors Like The Volkswagen Group!
- The Citroen Ami One battery-electric vehicle (BEV) concept is targeted at young city drivers in urban geographies.
- This all-electric two-seat city car was unveiled at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show, a crucial year as the French automotive giant celebrates its 100th anniversary. Citroen has already gained experience in the fast evolving electric vehicle industry with the Citroen C-Zero electric car. Production of the C-Zero has stopped and only available as a used vehicle.
- Citroen is committed to manufacturing a plug-in hybrid vehicle (PHEV) or battery-electric vehicle (BEV) for every new model. It aims to have an electrified version of every vehicle in its portfolio by 2025. Other Citroen EV concepts include the Citroen C5 AIRCROSS SUV hybrid concept, Citroen SURVOLT concept, Citroen CXPERIENCE concept and the Citroen 19_19 concept car.
- The electric cube-shaped concept car falls between the Renault TWIZY and the Smart EQ with compact dimensions (2.50m long, 1.50m wide, 1.50m high). The EV concept is designed to cater for ‘young urbanites’ consumers that are less concerned about ‘cars’ but more concerned about mobility, in particular, affordable, convenient and low-emission mobility. Though the car could be sold outright, the main theme is around ‘rental’ and ‘shared’ mobility.
- Though Citroen’s success till date has been won in ‘rural mobility’ (2CV), the group is focusing its efforts for future mobility on the urban landscape. The Ami One electric concept is well suited for urban sharing mobility schemes. In the UK, average distance per trip is a mere 12 miles and in the case of city driving, even shorter. Concepts like Ami One are being designed to meet the needs of shorter commutes.
- The minimalist interior design helps enhance ‘cabin space’ and keep manufacturing costs down. The doors have a wide opening, easing access to the vehicle for two individuals. As one would expect, the Ami One electric concept engages with a smartphone and relays vital information to the mobile app. One can also stream music via Bluetooth speakers. The doors lock and unlock via the smartphone.
- The top speed is approximately 30 mph, which is appropriate for city driving and could have a zero-emission range up to 60 miles. Again, perfectly adequate for city needs. Charging is expected to take 120 minutes.
- It is difficult to comment if the concept car would progress from a conceptual stage to production, but it certainly is an interesting way for the French car maker to celebrate 100 years of trading!
- Citroen is not the only automotive manufacturer seeking to capture the ‘zero-emission urban mobility’ segment, others include, the recently launched all-electric Uniti One Car, the pure electric Renault TWIZY and and the all-electric Smart EQ, to name a few.
We at e-zoomed are more than happy to assist you with all your EV needs to include:
- Compare and buy an electric car in the UK
- Compare affordable electric car finance and lease deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car insurance deals in the UK
- Compare and buy best electric car breakdown cover in the UK
- Compare and buy green electricity for your home and electric vehicle
- Compare and buy best priced electric car charging cables and EV accessories
And more! Do sign up to our e-newsletter to learn more about electric cars. Also follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.